The primary purpose of our PTA is to build a strong school community and support our children’s education. These efforts would not be possible without the help and financial support of our parent body. You may not realize that our PTA operates on an annual budget of nearly $500,000! Half that amount is raised by your contributions to our Annual Pledge Drive and covers many of the larger expenses our PTA has committed to pay that impact our children daily.
Some areas that are funded in part or completely by the PTA include:
- TAs in all grades as well as in the Art and Science rooms
- Enrichment programs in every grade (including, but not limited to: architecture, chess, Wingspan Arts, Symphony Space, Leadership and Debate, and National Dance Institute)
- Teachers’ professional development
- Music and Language in all grades
- Social-emotional learning programs (i.e., peer mediation, anti-bullying education)
- Recess and gym equipment and so much more…
There is a suggested donation of $1,250 per child which helps us to pay for more than we can list in a letter. However, we understand that everyone’s finances are different. Our objective as a community is 100% PARTICIPATION; if every family gives an amount their personal situation allows, we WILL achieve that goal. A greater participation rate binds us as a community to know that we all did our share to reach this important goal and can aid in qualifying for grant money. To that end any amount that you can give is appreciated and will be put to good use. Please follow instructions on the attached form to make your contribution.
Before the 2017-18 school year even began, the PTA spent over $120,000 to cover salaries and other expenses. We need to raise money to cover these outlays as well as funds to pay for the remainder of the school year’s budget. Accordingly, if you are able to send your contribution early in the school year, we would greatly appreciate it.